Florida Business and Estate Attorney Guides Clients in Preparing for the Future
Ocala lawyer adept in wills and high net-worth estate planning
Since 1979 at Law Office of W. Michael Parrott, PLLC, I have been enabling clients to effectively manage and protect their wealth during life and arrange for the smooth transfer of their wealth to loved ones at death. At different times in my career, I have served as an accountant and a financial planner, holding the designations of Certified Financial Planner® Professional, Chartered Life Underwriter and Chartered Financial Consultant. This rare combination of experience and expertise gives me a special perspective on the process of planning for estates and businesses and how that can be put to work for the benefit of individuals and their families.
Attorney reputed across Florida for skilled counsel
While I am based in Ocala, clients travel across Florida for my in-depth business advice and estate planning knowledge, including my extensive experience representing families with high-net-worth estates. My esteemed reputation throughout the state reflects my:
- Thorough, creative strategies —I practice primarily estate planning and business law, so that I can give my clients the tailored, focused advice they deserve.
- Ability to address and resolve your family’s concerns— My clients work directly with me, one-on-one, and I make myself available to answer all questions. I respect my clients’ ownership of their cases, keeping their goals and priorities in mind at every step.
- Accomplished business counseling —My business advice encompasses all areas of business law, including business succession planning.
No matter what estate planning or business matters you seek to address, I can help you make the tough decisions that protect your best interests.
Employing a full arsenal of estate planning strategies
There are many estate planning tools clients may use to guard their assets for their beneficiaries. I provide a wide range of estate planning functions, including:
- Wills and trusts — I make sure your expectations for your property and beneficiaries will be honored, through careful and precise drafting of wills, trusts and other wealth-transfer documents, leaving nothing to chance. I also advise on trust administration.
- Living wills and other advance directives — I help clients clearly define their decisions about what to do if they become incapacitated and unable to manage their own affairs. This includes creation of advance directives like durable powers of attorney and living wills to designate surrogates for decisions on life-prolonging medical procedures.
- Business succession planning — If you are a business owner, I can help you devise an estate plan that addresses the transition of ownership and management of the business upon your death or retirement.
- Probate and estate administration — I counsel clients regarding keeping certain assets from passing through probate, and preparing for the formal probate administration process, when the value of their estate exceeds $75,000.
- Estate and gift tax planning — Decisions you make about estate and gift planning can have serious tax implications, regardless of your net-worth. I can help you make decisions that ease the tax bite on your wealth transfers to family and other beneficiaries.
My top priority is to guard the financial future of your estate in accordance with your wishes. I work one-on-one with my clients, recognizing that each person’s goals and values are unique.